Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Movie Review: Safe Haven

I mentioned yesterday that I had lots of movie reviews for you guys.  This is another movie I watched this weekend--having finished the book.  (Check out that review here)

Thank you to
http://www.joreviews.com
Summary: The plot is basically the same as the book--there are some differences.  Katie escapes her abusive husband and runs away to a small town in North Carolina.  She meets Alex and his two kids, and she and Alex eventually start to date.  Her husband though does not give up looking for her, and eventually her past starts to catch up with her.


What Did I Love?
  • I liked that they picked the leads they did...Josh Duhamel and Julianne Hough did a great job.
  • I also liked the girl they picked for the daughter--she was the right amount of cute :)
What Did I Hate?
  • A key plot change in how Alex finds out about Katie's previous life and how the neighbor relationship shows up
  • The son was too young
  • The changes to Alex and Katie's overall relationship--I liked what they had in the book with the trust issues and this just changes that
  • They should have given Josh Duhamel grey streaks
Bottom line: I might own it eventually, but if you watch it just recognize that the book is SO much better!

No comments: