Monday, September 16, 2013

Public Letter/Dear Boys and Girls

Today's prompt is:
Write a public love letter to someone in your life. (It doesn't necessarily need to be romantic.)
This prompt is actually intimating me today, because I honestly have no idea who specifically to write to. I don't want to pick on anyone in my life. I have thought about writing a general letter...but I want it to be a little bit more specific too.  So I am actually thinking I will do a Dear Boys/Girls (idea courtesy of Elise's Pieces)....I haven't done that in awhile.  The beautiful thing about this is that it just changes people's names :)

Dear Fellow Teacher,

We work hard everyday.  I have been in your shoes, and I know what it is to grade all of that! I admire that you have seemed to be able to keep up, and I am so glad that you are here to help us out.

Sincerely,
A Grateful Colleague

Dear My 13-Year Old Friend,

Often drama comes into your life--sometimes because we create it and sometimes because life hands it to you. Recently you had a little bit of both.  But just because life hands you drama doesn't mean we have to create it. Continue to try to listen to other people and be patient with others around you. But you teach me a lot about what it means to be a good friend despite the drama.

Sincerely,
Your Adult Friend

No comments: