Sunday, September 22, 2013

Personality Test

Today's prompt that I am pulling from is:
Take this short personality test and respond to your results. (at the end, find the detailed profile of your personality account - click "click to view" under "You" and "self awareness and personal growth." You can even google your type and find more info on it!)
 So I went and took the test and learned that I am an ISFJ. This means that I am an introvert, sensing, feeling, and judging personality.  Though the interesting thing to me about this part was the percentages:
  • You have slight preference of Introversion over Extraversion (22%)
  • You have marginal or no preference of Sensing over Intuition (1%)
  • You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (25%)
  • You have distinctive preference of Judging over Perceiving (67%)
The first one no surprise--I would usually rather stay home and do my own thing but I can be social.  The second one I had no opinion on.  The last two seemed odd because I am a bit of a "gut" person--but maybe that's because I just make fast judgments based on how I feel.  Though I use to describe myself as an indecisive person....I have learned I can't really do that anymore, and this test proves that.

From the test you can get more information, like what career fits you. It is nice to see that education was on that list...along with some things that I have considered: paralegal and graphic design/multimedia (though really this is more social network marketing stuff).

In the "which fiction character fits you best" section--they suggested Dr. Watson--which I could actually see. I like him better than Holmes usually.

And then I started to read the "profile"--the how is this really shown in real-life...and yeah I am guilty of a lot of this.  This was like a....gee thanks moment:
ISFJs are often unappreciated, at work, home, and play. Ironically, because they prove over and over that they can be relied on for their loyalty and unstinting, high-quality work, those around them often take them for granted--even take advantage of them. Admittedly, the problem is sometimes aggravated by the ISFJs themselves; for instance, they are notoriously bad at delegating ("If you want it done right, do it yourself").
And reading further through this profile....it is scary how much of this is similar to my life!  Go try it..it's kind of fun? Are you an ISFJ too?

No comments: