Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Movie Review: 42

So...yesterday I did not blog :( I had a very busy day and a very late night and wouldn't have been able to blog until after midnight this morning.  So I am writing two today---we are doing a 365 blog posts in a year to make up :)

This weekend I watched three different movies so we are going to do one of them reviewed today...this one is my favorite!

Summary: 42 is the recent movie that discusses how Jackie Robinson broke the racial barrier of Major League Baseball.  We meet the people that supported him through it all: a reporter, his wife, and the owner of the Dodgers--Mr. Richie.  This was apparently all Mr. Richie's idea, which was interesting to me.  He suffered lack of support from fans, team members, and fellow baseball people.  He had to stand up strong against all the diversity.

What I Loved?
  • All of it!
  • Absolutely loved Harrison Ford!! He acted so very well in this movie.
  • The story....they really wrote a great movie.
  • I learned a lot...and I hope it's all true :)

What I Did Not Like?
  • That the Internet told me that the end bio things were wrong :(
  • It dragged occasionally and had the typical end with all the music and slow motion and the clapping
Bottom Line: I want to own it!!

42 film poster.jpg
Thank you Wikipedia

No comments: