Monday, December 9, 2013

Day One of #ReadingCram

So it is 10:00ish at night at the end of the first day of the read-a-thon. Earlier tonight, I went to the host's websites (Julia and Dana) to look and see what the challenge was for today--and realized that I inadvertently did that yesterday!  Today's challenge is to list your TBR pile.  But then I went to fellow read-a-thon-er Kate's blog (she is how I found out in the first place) and saw that she gave an update on on how the read-a-thon went for her today--and I was like DUH! Great idea! So I was thinking a bit of that and a checklist for the next two weeks of what would be AWESOME to get through is a great thing for today (even if it isn't the least bit doable).

Reading Currently: Jane Eyre, Fablehaven (on audio), Book of Mormon, Insurgent
What Did I Get to Today: Fablehaven (this one will be easy because it is in my car) and Book of Mormon
Total Pages: Tricky with the audio book--I got through about one CD...I was on track 3 of the 6th CD when I got in the car this morning and when I got home tonight I was on track 3ish of the 7th CD.  The Book of Mormon I'm reading on my Kindle which is trickier with pages too....but I got through 4 chapters
Life Outside of Read-a-thon: Work from early this morning to the early evening, visit with some of my neighbors, dinner with the husband, caught up on some blogs I follow, went to and watched my students play a volleyball game, came home and wrote this :)

Alright really fast these are the books I will finish (hopefully)

  1. Jane Eyre
  2. Fablehaven
  3. Insurgent
  4. Pride and Prejudice
  5. Emma
  6. Persuasion
  7. Mansfield Park
  8. Northanger Abbey
  9. Lady Susan
  10. Coiled Snake
  11. The Plague Legacy: Acquistions 
  12. Fahrenheit 451
  13. Gulliver's Travels
  14. Their Eyes Were Watching God
  15. The Three Musketeers....just to make it a nice even 15 
Honestly if I get through five of these I will be very impressed with myself :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yaya you're gonna read Insurgent! I really love that book. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! :) I notice you have some classics in your list, The Three Musketeers is one of my favs! Goodluck to us in the read-a-thon and hope we can finish all the books in our TBR :)

juliababyjen said...

Lots of Jane Austen, I love it! I love reading the classic, that's awesome that you do, too! Good luck with your goals!