Saturday, December 7, 2013

Inspired by a Quote About Success and Failure

I was trying to figure out what to blog about tonight....and I found this quote while searching.
Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success. --Dale Carnegie
This is a great quote that I wish everyone could figure out--especially my students.  We often spend waaay to much time beating ourselves up over what we did wrong--or we spend too much time dwelling on it. We need to experience things to move forward with life--sometimes that might mean failing.  That's okay.  I stole this from another teacher along the way....but I often use this with students:

                                                                      First
                                                                      Attempt
                                                                      In
                                                                      Learning

They often are frustrated by failing a test, or not being able to reach their goals.  But often times these setback are how we learn.  So be okay with it!

No comments: