Sunday, December 29, 2013

Remembering 2013 in Last Minute Read-a-thon

As I look back on the reading I've done in 2013....I am still disappointed with how much I have accomplished.  So I'm not sure how productive this challenge will be...but I will give it my best shot..

1. Best book of 2013: I have said it numerous times but The Storyteller by Jodi Piccoult was by far my favorite of this year!
2. Worst book of 2013: Don't really have one....
3. Favorite new author. Charlotte Bronte....I know not "new"--but definitely new to me and I want to read more of her stuff!
4. Book that surprised you: Divergent by Veronica Roth.  I am traditionally not a huge fan of the dystopian type of things.  They are sometimes too much with the shoving down your throat about how life should be better or they don't create a believable universe. This one was great. Though I'm a little nervous about starting Allegiant...I have not heard good things.
5. Book that disappointed you: Mansfield Park is what I'm going to put on here...because I have yet to finish it! I love Jane Austen and I'm disappointed that this book is not at all enjoyable...at least yet--I'm going to keep trying!

Our hosts: http://vonniesreadingcorner.blogspot.com/2013/12/last-minute-2013-rembering-2013.html
http://anightsdreamofbooks.blogspot.com/2013/12/last-minute-read-thon-remembering-2013.html
My Progress
Very low...like I don't even want to own up to it. Spent the day hanging out with the husband--it was a great day to spend some quality time together!

2 comments:

Maria Behar said...

I've heard of Jodi Picoult, but have never read one of her books. I think I would probably find them too emotionally draining....but I suppose I could try one sometime.

As for "Mansfield Park", I haven't read it. The only Jane Austen book I've read so far is "Pride and Prejudice, which I found boring the first and second time I read it. Then, the THIRD time, something magical happened, and suddenly, I found myself enjoying this novel! Weird, huh? Lol.

I've saved the best for last! I'm so happy to have discovered a fellow Charlotte Bronte fan!!! YAY!!! I LOVE "Jane Eyre"!!!! It's my FAVORITE book of all time!! I haven't read any other books by Ms. Bronte, but really should. Still, she's a favorite of mine strictly because of "Jane Eyre". So I'm very happy that you like her, too!! Ah, Mr. Rochester......sigh.... CONGRATS on your literary taste!!

Thanks for sharing, and Happy New Year!! : )

Madera Locksmith said...

Hello nice blog