Friday, December 6, 2013

Uintah Basin Orchestra and Chorus

So...this week has been insane.  As I am sitting down to my computer tonight, I really wish that I didn't have to write something.  The last two nights have come to you with strategic planning and scheduling done earlier this week because of the UBOC practices.  What is the UBOC? It is the Uintah Basin Orchestra and Chorus.  We had our first concert tonight and it was pretty darn cool.  We sang like 12 songs....the whole concert was an hour and 15 minutes.  And these songs weren't easy either :P I'm super glad that we didn't fall apart majorly or do any major screw ups!

Highlights of the night:
  1. Performing with a choir that sounds awesome for the first time again since Rising Generation (my BYU non-audition choir could count but I don't remember get this many chills singing with them)
  2. Getting chills all night long with a variety of songs
  3. Sounding soooo tight on the Hallelujah chorus--we were sooo in-sync with the ending consonants
  4. My feet falling asleep and wondering if I could walk off the risers
  5. Knowing that my sister is singing Christmas songs in Provo too--its kind of cool to be both performing on the same night, though too bad we couldn't see each other's concerts :P
  6. Getting the hardest part of the Three Ships out the best I've done it yet....still not right on but close enough!
Uintah Basin community orchestra, choir debuts Friday
KSL did a nice story on us...and I didn't think we made it in to the shot--but we're in this one
Just really really tiny!
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=27930541&nid=148&title=uintah-basin-community-orchestra-choir-debuts-friday&fm=home_page&s_cid=queue-1

No comments: